Monday, September 5, 2022

Avian Adventure: Winging it This Labor Day


It's not quite a beanstalk . . . but it is a mighty tall coleus plant!  And it's reaching for the stars -- or, rather, the sun -- in my parents' beautiful backyard.  The husband and I were there yesterday and took advantage of the photo op before eating our weight in cheddar.  Which was apropos, because there's a block of cheese on my shirt!  Also a cartoonish bird, topping off a week's worth of winged wardrobe wears:

Skirt: H&M

Bunch of Bold Necklace

Belt: Belt is Cool, Amazon; Bag: Zulily; Bangles: B Fabulous; First two bird rings: Macy's; Middle bird ring: Francesca's; Chunky ring: Claire's

Flip flops: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Caftan: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Skirt: Dollhouse, Macy's

Yellow Feathered Friend Heart Barrette

Top: Next Era, JCPenney

Wristlet: City Streets, JCPenney; Ring: Making Waves, Ocean City; Shoe: Madden Girl, Kohl's; Yellow and red bangles: B Fabulous; Mint bangle: Decree, JCPenney

Top: Delia's, Dolls Kill

Shoes: Katy Perry Collection

Plenty of Pineapples Necklace

Skirt: Decree, JCPenney

Bag: Delia's, Dolls Kill; Barrette: The Tote Trove; Pink bangle: Mixit, JCPenney; Yellow bangle: B Fabulous; Dark green bracelet: Parade of Shoes; Neon green bracelet: Cloud Nine, Ocean City boardwalk

Top: Ziztar, Zulily

Bag: Xhilaration, Target

Headband and top: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Shoes: Betsey Johnson, Macy's


Rhinestone turquoise and fish bracelets: Target; Purple bracelet: Wet Seal; friendship bracelet: ZAD, Zulily; Rose bracelet: The Tote Trove

So, this Labor Day, I hope you heed the birdcall of the wild, whether that means rocking an avian outfit, petting a parrot, or wrestling a raptor.  Whatever it takes to spread your style wings. 

And let the feathers fly.

9 comments:

Samantha said...

Ahhh, I love the bird theme of this post!!! That is the cutest shirt you're wearing, with the cheese on it! It looks fabulous with your purse, necklace and barrette (the photo of you and your husband is adorable!) The pastel parrot looks amazing with your shirt and accessories. The floral polo with the statement bird barrette is stunning! The color blocks you put up while sitting on the bench is a beautiful shot, as is the shot of your purse and accessories! The palace peacock necklace is a real stunner and compliments your cool coral parrot outfit. You definitely know how to spread your style wings!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

You were not kidding about that block of cheddar on the shirt. I love the bird on the barrette and all your cute outfits. Hope you had a great time with your parents and enjoyed the holiday.

Lovely said...

I love these fun looks! The outfit you wore to your parents' house is cute.
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Ivy's Closet said...

Wow! Such a great theme! Wonderful and colorful! Some great necklaces and broaches too. Such a dazzling Labor Day! Love that photo of you guys! Impressed by that color block wall too! Oh, you give a whole new meaning to PUT A BIRD ON IT! Sounds like a fantastic time! 🍂🍁☕ All the best to those fallish days to come!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Love this! Wow, you really have some amazing gear for this theme! Beautiful outfits! Adoring the banana necklace! 🐦🌟🐦🌟🐦🌟🐦 Oh, thanks for your comments. Hmmm...nothing like having a last-minute wedding, but some parents just can't wait. Of course, an event aways give me something to write about... Although, one might wonder..what was I thinking.. =)

Better Left Unsaid said...

Such a fantastic post! Such a great way to jump into September. I really love these prints and so much more. Sounds like a great holiday. Yes, I am eating my cucumber tomato salad for breakfast...I do need be on a diet now. The Brookies were gone in no time.>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks so much for your comments..I guess I better get on with the story of what's actually happening. All the best to a spectacular September!

ellie said...

Oh, you do know how to inspire. Such a wonderful Labor Day weekend..and I feel like I have been laboring the rest of the week to make up for it at work. Hope you are having a better week than me. Two nights in a row, I've crashed just to have some crazy dreams. Last night...I thought it was time to get up at two. But no...so I thought it would take me forever to go back to sleep..and it kind of did, and then I swear I felt my dog that past at the beginning of the pandemic jumped on my bed and put her on my shoulder as if everything was going to be OK and I went right to sleep.>>>>>> I do love the theme of this post.

All the best to a great September 🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦

P.s..I thought I posted something here earlier..but evidently I didn't click something.

ellie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jewel Divas Style said...

Well you know I love a tropical print!