Saturday, December 3, 2022

Sunflowers and Roses

Skirt: Celebrity Pink, Marshalls; Bag Nine West, Ross

Tights: Worthington, JCPenney

Top: Say What?, JCPenney

Shoes: Mix No. 6, DSW



Top: SHEIN

Cardigan and tee: So, Kohl's; Shoes: Jessica Simpson, DSW

Necklace: The Tote Trove

Love bangle: Boscov's; Black bangle and flower ring: Mixit, JCPenney; Pink bracelet: Crown & Ivy, Belk's

Skirt: Wild Fable, Target

Bag: Betsey Johnson, Macy's

Sunglasses: Target; Big necklace: INC, Macy's

Tights: HUE, Amazon

Top and skirt: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Shoes: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Belt: Belt is Cool, Amazon; Floral bangle: Zulily; Black bangle: Petite Sophisticate; Zigzag bangle: Bloomingsales Florist and Gift Shop; Other bangles: Mixit, JCPenney; Heart ring: Delia's; Bag: LC Lauren, Kohl's

Skirt: Wild Fable, Target; Top: Decree, JCPenney; Headband: INC, Macy's

Shoes: Jessica Simpson, Amazon

Blazer: The Limited

Bag: Betsey Johnson, Amazon

Lipstick: Revlon ColorStay Matte Crayon, Mile High, Walgreens 

Tights: HUE, Amazon


Kimono: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Scrunchie: So, Kohl's; Pink necklace: H&M; Other necklace: The Tote Trove

Bag: Ella & Elly, Zulily; Bangles: Mixit, JCPenney; Ring: Express 

Sweater: So, Kohl's; Jeans: Universal Threads, Target

Boots: UNIONBAY, Kohl's; Bag: Princess Vera, Kohl's

Necklaces: The Tote Trove.  Also, the best -- or worst -- in photobombing, courtesy of the husband.

Dress: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Bags: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Cream bangle: Mixit, JCPenney; Coral bangle: Silver Linings, Ocean City; Pink: Don't Ask, Zulily

Boots: LC Lauren Conrad

Sunflowers and roses aren't really for fall, even if these golds and fuchsias are.  But then again, by most people's standards, it's not even fall anymore anyway -- it's Christmas!  Leave it to me to go all in on autumn just as everyone else is hauling out holly.  

Speaking of the holidays, the great shopping ban of (a very small portion) of 2022 has ended!  Blame it on the biggest shopping season of the year or on my having willpower as weak as flat root beer, but I made it a whole three months until I caved and bought the above LC Lauren Conrad dress, boots, and bag to wear for Thanksgiving.  Still, brief as it was, the exercise gave me a chance to style what I had in new ways and also to be a more sensible splurger (the words "sensible" and "splurger" being, of course, relative).  But best of all, my new outfit inspired me to make this Big Pink Bow Barrette Brooch, a variation on the necklaces I used to churn out years ago:  


While I was thinking pink, I decided to try a new lipstick too, namely this Revlon ColorStay Matte Lite Crayon in Mile High.  Although I was hesitant to sub out my usual (also Revlon) Super Lustrous Creme Cherries in the Snow, I have to admit that this Barbie shade's a nice alternative.  Also, bonus of bonuses, it tastes a tiny bit like birthday cake frosting.


So here's to celebrating summer flowers all fall.  And to pushing off the poinsettias -- at least until January.        

8 comments:

Królowa Karo said...

This hair ornament is cool.

Cherry Blossoms said...

Oh, you can make anything fallish! I'm beginning to think. Some great maple leaves too! Love the outfits! I finally got around to posting something..🫠

Hollyn'Stevie said...

Such a fabulous SHEIN top! So nice to see all these flower prints!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I am blown away with all the gorgeous outfits, shoes, purses, and accessories in today's post. Also, Ross and Marshalls are my stomping grounds. You've put together some stunning ensembles.

camdandusler said...

I loved details :) thanks for your sharing...

ellie said...

I just love all the things you can do to your hair! Amazing creations you've made! Love LOVE the florals. So enchanting!

Oh, I'm afraid Trulicity is making me feel awful. Yet, I'm getting good blood sugar readings. I just feel so nauseous...waiting to throw up which hasn't happened, but still a lot of stomach upset. Hopefully, it will get better, but it has really knocked my socks off. Also I have extremely low blood pressure. Of course, it was never really high. But it makes me very woozy and wanting to fall into things.

The Book Group said...

WOW! some fantastic bags, shoes and boots! Love the outfits! Awesome mega post!

Samantha said...

You definitely win for the best wardrobe ever, haha!!! Where do I even start here? Firstly, the pattern mixing is stunning with the patchwork pattern and florals (and cool foliage barrettes as your crown!)in the first outfit. The popcorn purses are adorable, and so is that floral Target skirt! The little details are amazing - like how your purpley-blue ring matches your purse in the sunflower outfit. The masquerade mask purse is awesome (so is that lip print ring!!) The gingham kimono is super cool, and so is that bow in your hair! And you can never go wrong with piled up scrunchies - paired with the sweater and necklaces, it's so retro and nostalgic! (Epic photobomb, by the way!) Last but certainly not least, my favorite is your new outfit with the new pink bow. It's the cutest thing!!! Your new lipstick is also a stunner. Congratulations on the 3 month mark of your shopping ban!