Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Dot Spot: Working Out the Bugs

Shoes: Penny Loves Kenny, DSW

Tee: The Lazy Oaf

Bag: Elizabeth and James, Kohl's; Black and white bracelet: Mixit, JCPenney; Other bracelets: B Fabulous; Ring: Wet Seal, Fabulous Felt Rainbow Rings Necklace

Skirt, Forever 21

Bag: Modcloth


Skirt: POPSUGAR, Kohl's

Top: Self Esteem, Macy's

Jacket: Material Girl, Macy's

Top: Vylette, Kohl's

Headband: Self Portrait, Etsy; Bag: Betsey Johnson, Boscov's; Red bangle: XOXO, ROSS; Other bangles: B Fabulous; Ring: Making Waves, Ocean City

Scarlet Circle Necklace

Dress: So, Kohl's

Tights: Zulily

Bag: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's; Polka Dot Posies Barrette Brooch

I think we can all agree that most bugs are disgusting.  Just this morning, I went down to the basement to check the circuit breaker (damn you, internet outage) when I saw a centipede the size of Rhode Island.  Thankfully, it was dead, caught in a web.  But it still gave me pause, especially because I sometimes see its brethren in my bathroom.  Anyway, it got me thinking about how some bugs aren't gross but adorable.  Like butterflies, bumblebees, and, of course, ladybugs.  As a lady who, ahem, regularly bugs her husband to photograph her (that line was his idea), I appreciate the cheerful beauty of the ladybug -- and just happened to have some outfits emulating its colors and pattern.  As luck would have it, there were a bunch of the spotted ones out and about when we took the pics.  Here are two that framed our front door: 


I was happy to see them, not just because they're cute, but because they're a sign of good fortune.  Which was just what I needed to counteract the bad vibes from that centipede!

Next up: Spiderwebs: Disgusting death traps or Mother Nature's doilies?  Discuss.

10 comments:

ellie said...

Oh..maybe a change in the weather is coming... So many cool things with DOTS..Love the purple with the yellow dress! Awesome Ladybug broch too! You have so many fascinating accessories. Colder and damper here today..ugh...I have started 2 TC Boyle's books. Don't know if I'll get through either of them, but I have had enough of Coleen Hoover to last me..well for quite a while. It's interesting how one has to just change gears..so to speak...especially, all the while when I'm thinking..oh I should be writing. Hopefully, I won't try to confuse and fuse these two novels together. One is his most recent TALK TO ME and the other from decades ago..Riven Rock which both are so serious..and yet some hilarious tones.

Oh, so glad you have lady bugs too. Usually, they appear more frequent in September, here.

Thanks again for being here and your charming a witty post that give me a lot to smile about and of course, ponder. Thank you for reading..hopefully, I have made too much of a mess with my November stories.

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Oh, so in love what you can do with Dots..from your wardrobe inspiration to the necklaces and broaches (one of these days I'm going to get this right). I adore those bags too! Thank you dear ladybug, for the great inspiration.

Hopefully, you are having some beautiful warm days. Lovely photo shoot!


Well..I am trying my best with Pixie and Cyrus as of course, things evolve. Thank you again for your insight and of course, reading my wayward works. I greatly appreciate it. Here's to lots of fun things in November.

Ivy's Closet said...

Such a wonderful a fun post..bugs includes..and centipeds too! So many glorious accessories..Love the pops of color in every outfit. Thanks for making humpday just a little better!

I am so glad you like my interviews...I have great fun in writing them, too..and there will be some side interviews..still going..and possibly even in the Another Max & Amber, too.
Of course, I have been let down by Season 2 of Queen of Mystery. It's as if her sidekick has taken over....and it's a full blown mess..naturally, when I watch something like this..I start to wonder about my own stories. You know, staying true to the characters. I think I'm the right track..I hope.

Thanks for your inspiration and your wonderful post!

www.glowyshoes.com said...

i love how dramatic those bags are and you look.
bugs are a no no for me and literally makes me cringe.

Glowyshoe's blog

Samantha said...

Oh my goodness...you look absolutely gorgeous in all of these outfits!!! Firstly, the Lazy Oaf tee is so crisp, clear and vibrant - love that! Your ladybug ensemb' is perfection with that cherry blazer. And the ladybug barrette is soooo darn cute! The purple and yellow outfit is simply stunning, and the cherry bow is quite literally the cherry on top. The outfit with the champagne purse is fabulously beautiful and such a unique look! I love the shoutout to ladybugs in this post; I agree that most bugs are disgusting, and a centipede - ick!!! However, those ladybugs on your door frame are the cutest. They definitely make me happy when I see them, too! The last line of this post totally cracked me up!

Kathy Leonia said...

you looks stunning:) In both outfits:)

Better Left Unsaid said...

Love your smile! Oh, I think the lady bugs have blown away here. Something, came from the north with high winds and now we have wind chills in the 20's..burr..and I saw a snowflake or two...as well.

Such great fashion! Loving the purple and yellows and all the boldness of the rainbow in this post.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Cherry Blossoms said...

Oh, love your ode to Paul! Beautiful brights! Amazing shoes and bags! & the necklaces! Adoring!

Thanks so much for your comments. Here's to a fantastic November!

Jewel Divas Style said...

That top top is pretty. And Damn!, that ladybug bag!