Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Pheromones vs. Funerals: Love Finds a Yay

Belt: Marshalls

Shoes: Betsey Johnson, DSW

Dress: B. Darlin, Macy's

Top: Candie's, Kohl's

Bag: Betsey Johnson, Amazon; Orange and striped bangles: Mixit, JCPenney; Green, red, and yellow bangles: B Fabulous

What do you get when you mix Richard Curtis, Mindy Kaling, and a classic '90s rom com?  The Hulu original series Four Weddings and a Funeral, of course!  (Kaling is one of the show's creators but isn't in it.  Far be it from me to cause great but unfulfilled expectations.)  If there's anyone who loves TV more than me, then it's my sister.  So when she told me to check out this 2019 ten-episode comedy inspired by the movie of the same name, I binged it right away.  And it did not disappoint.  

Four Weddings and a Funeral follows four American thirty-something friends living their best lives in London.  Complications, misunderstandings, and that old chestnut honor keep the right couples apart and pair off the wrong ones in a plot that's as engaging as it is funny.  Featuring a diverse cast of characters more layered than the sum of their haircuts, it's at the same time timely and timeless.  The vibe is a little Masterpiece Theater goes clubbing, which means that the fashion's divine.  There's even a reality show within the show that ratchets up the weird factor.  Easter eggs (or should I say valentines?) include a cameo from Andie MacDowell and Love, Actually-style grand gesture posters.  To parrot the British, brilliant!

Speaking of birds, in the spirit of love and many-splendored things, I made this Loco Lovebirds Necklace.  Because -- spoiler alert -- I'm crazy in love with color. :)

Loco Lovebirds Necklace

That said, may life always invite you to four weddings for every funeral.  

And send you four lovebirds for every turkey buzzard.  

13 comments:

ellie said...

Awesome review! I know I haven't seen this one. I started a Korean version but I never got to finish it. Lovely necklace of birds! Oh, you are setting us up for Turkey day, aren't you...=) Love the BLACK top with the black "lace" skirt.

Getting colder here. Ugh, but just cold and windy. I am so glad you like Chevy and Simon together.

Caitlin'nMegan said...

I am pretty sure I would want to watch this one. Sounds right up my alley! And a perfect time of year to watch it! So many pretty cool accessories! I love the necklace too.

Well, I am afraid I have written too many scenes..which means more collages to make. But I like changing it up too..=) Hope you are having a good week.

Ivy's Closet said...

Such Thursday fun! I had almost forgotten about this theme. I think this is the perfect month to binge this one. Such fun! Oh, love the color in your attire as well. And such a plus! The beautiful necklace.

I am learning I can read directly through our library app. I had no idea. Sure, I've gone to the website and have been able to get some free reads on my KINDLE, but this way on the app..you go directly to OVERDRIVE and you don't even have to download OVERDRIVE.

Thanks again, for being you and all your cleverness and more❤๐Ÿคž๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ‚

Ivy's Closet said...

Thanks so much for your comments. It's funny how patrons do think we have a basement when we actually don't. We really are outgrowing that building. And our maker space will be gone by December. So the fundraising begins!

Samantha said...

What a stylish outfit!! The brightly colored necklace pairs so well with the black and white outfit. Love the masquerade purse! That's so cool they came out with a Hulu version of Four Weddings and a Funeral. And Mindy Kaling being one of the creators, no less! Looking at the up-close of your necklace, it's dazzling with details and my favorite are the stars! ๐Ÿ˜

R's Rue said...

๐Ÿ˜

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Great review! I tend to gravitate toward broody, dark, noir kinds of things, but I may give this a look.

Krรณlowa Karo said...

So many colors and shapes - you have to be able to put together such jewelry.

Better Left Unsaid said...

I hope you are staying well. Love your post! Such a cool necklace. You definitely give Love Actually and the FWF a whole new meaning. Thanks so much. Oh, some days, I wish I could stay on an autopilot of those shows.Yet, I have ventured out. I even had a dream I was summoned to be in a Chinese drama. Of course one of my favorite actors was in the lead, only..he was quite boring in reality (the faceclaim of Deano from Megan & Caitlin). Always on his headphones as if he were thinking ahead to a new drama to study for. But all the giggly trainees learning the ropes from was truly the comradery.

bread&salt said...

What a beautiful and colorful post Dear friend! I love "lovebirds necklace" so much. Thanks for the review.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I love reviews and recommendations for TV series. I'm gonna get on this one right away. It sounds right up my alley. LOVE the shoes and such a fun necklace !

Azka Kamil said...

Awesome review! I know I haven't seen this one.

Jewel Divas Style said...

Seriously... A mask bag... Man, if I tried to keep up with you and everything you've got, I'd be broke and out of room.