Monday, May 30, 2022

Memorial Day Mandate: Put Your Best Foot Forward

Dress: ELLE, Kohl's

Bag: XOXO, ROSS; Sunglasses: Wild Fable, Target; Yellow and red bangles: B Fabulous; Rainbow necklace: Cloud Nine, Ocean City; Red and yellow necklaces: Wet Seal; Rainbow bangle: Nimia's Boutique; Bow barrette: Carole, JCPenney
 
Fruit barrette: Whimsies, Craft Fair; Red and white barrette: B Fabulous 

Red top: Lily Rose, Kohl's; Yellow top: Forever 21

Bag: Delia's, Dolls Kill; Bangle: Mixit, JCPenney; Necklace: The Tote Trove; Ring: Francesca's; Sunglasses: Amazon


Top: So, Kohl's

Flowers: Michaels; Ribbon: Craft drawer

Headband: Lady Arya, Zulily; Bag: Macy's Backstage: Sunglasses: Amazon; Strawberry Necklace: Betsey Johnson, Macy's; Flag necklace: Michaels; Ring: Wet Seal; Blue bangle: So, Kohl's

Dress: Lily Rose, Kohl's

Bag: Amerileather, Zulily; Bangle: Burlington Coat Factory; Bracelet: Cloud Nine, Ocean City; Bow: Hobby Lobby; Ring: Betsey Johnson, Amazon; Sunglasses: Rampage, Boscov's


Can you believe it's Memorial Day again?!  It feels like I was just taking down my Christmas decorations.  Of course, that's because I was.  We had a lone holiday wreath on the window until very recently.  A bird had built a nest in it and the husband, good soul that he is, didn't want to disturb it.  But then the nest emptied, the husband took the wreath down, and we put it all behind us (and also in the trash; after six months on the roof, that wreath was rank).  Which meant that we were more than ready to chow down on hot dogs and hamburgers at my parents'.  

I wore the first outfit, it being the most festive but also family friendly.  And I couldn't help but think that it was my rainbow wedges' first trip outside my yard.  I got them two years ago despite the section under the toes being made of canvas.  I usually shy away from fabrics and suedes in that area, as they tend to get smudged with what I'll delicately refer to as foot residue.  But then, below the ankle hygiene has always been important to me.  When my sister and I were little, my mom often sang, "Marguerite, go wash your feet, the Board of Health's across the street!"  Not because our feet were particularly dirty, but because she was that kind of mom.  To her credit, we never had to go to the emergency room, let alone the Board of Health.   

Shoes: Impo, DSW

Anyway, when the husband and I returned home, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that my piggies had left only the faintest of marks.  It was nothing that a little soap and water couldn't fix, but as I scrubbed, I thought, look what this pandemic's done to me.  There I was, all atwitter at having to expose my precious shoes to the world. 

If there's a lesson here, then I'm not sure what it is.  Don't be afraid to get your feet dirty?  The promise of pie is worth wardrobe risk?  If you love your shoes, then set them free, and if they're meant to be yours, then they'll stay blemish free?

I don't know, and maybe I never will.  Only one thing's for certain, and that thing is this:

I'm not putting up outdoor wreaths next Christmas.  

10 comments:

ellie said...

I love that blue dress! Wow, so festive! I love the other outfits too..and so many pretties! So lovely! Great you are taking care of those amazing wedges too.

Oh, the robins are really mean here, over their nest. It's scary getting to the car these days.

I am so not ready to get back to work. The children's summer reading program starts tomorrow. Yesterday, I lounged around after those burgers and hotdogs!

Thanks so much for the fabulous post ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Ivy's Closet said...

Adoring your collection of accessories! Beautiful outfits too! Wonderful summer looks! Thanks so much for your comments! I hope your summer is off to a fun start..now that the Christmas wreath has been taken care of. Oh, such a fun post!

Caitlin&Megan said...

Love LOVE these summer trends. And thanks for the info on those wedges too. They are beautiful and look comfy too. Beautiful shades you have too. Pretty festive! Love your inspiration. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank you so much for reading and your comments. I so appreciate them. Thanks for the fabulous blogging you do. All the best with your creative projects and a beautiful summer ahead.

The Book Group said...

Adoring that song your mom sang! That is so great! Sounds like some adventures this weekend. & some good times too!

Love the outfits, and of course..you have such great bags! Necklaces too! Beautiful flower berrets too! I love the statement you make with all that you wear!

Thanks for being here!

Cherry Blossoms said...

OH, you have hit the WOW factor..especially with the blue dress, but I loved the latter one too! So summer romantic..with a flair of nostalgia! You are so inspiring! Amazing shoes too! Here's to lots of summer outings with family and friends!

Thanks so much for all your comments 💖

Hollyn'Stevie said...

Such a beautiful post! Love these summer looks! Oh, your commentary is wonderful too. Love your stories!

Thanks so much for being you!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I love how you started your post- It feels like we were just taking down the Christmas decorations (because we just did) - so funny!! Well we do seem to use holidays as markers and here it is Memorial Day already. Cute shoes, but I do get the part about the toes leaving marks. As usual, your outfits are lovely, colorful, and fun. I need to go take a look at Kohls for a sundress- I seem to like all the things you buy at kohl's!!

Emmylou said...

"f you love your shoes, then set them free..."...love it! :D Happy Memorial Day! BTW, love that blue Elle dress:)

Samantha said...

Your Memorial Day looks are superb!!! They're summer chic and I adore your heart-shaped glasses (in every color!) The accessory shots are awesome; the one with the red gingham bag makes me think of a picnic! Your Memorial Day bouquet is super cute and makes for the perfect accessory in your photo. And that Red White and Chew Necklace - wow!!! From the star charms to the big candy, it is stunning and fun; a great centerpiece to your outfit. Lastly, the little song your mom sang regarding foot hygiene is hilarious! Those shoes are beautiful, also. The promise of pie is definitely worth the "wardrobe risk"! :)

Kinga K. said...

Amazing blue dress :)