Saturday, May 14, 2022

The Religious Experience of Bold Tunes and Tees

Sweater: Hooked Up, Macy's; Skirt: Almost Famous, Kohl's; Shoes: Anne Michelle, JCPenney; Bag: Zulily; Sunglasses: Amazon; Bracelets: So, Kohl's

Shoes: Katy Perry Collection; Sunglasses: Party City; Yellow bangles: B Fabulous; Mint bangle: Decree, JCPenney; Dark blue bangle: So, Kohl's; Light blue bangle: Burlington Coat Factory; Striped bangle: Mixit, JCPenney; Bag: Francesca's

Dress (back view!): Rewind, Kohls; Tank: Worthington, JCPenney

Four Leaf Fabulous Necklace

Skirt: Tinseltown, Macy's; Shoes: Jessica Simpson, DSW; Bag: Betsey Johnson, Amazon; Striped bangle: Miami accessories cart; Dark green bracelet: Parade of Shoes; Yellow bracelet: Sonoma, Kohl's; Purple bracelet: Etsy; Blue bangle: B Fabulous; Neon green bracelet: Amrita Singh, Zulily

Lucky Day-Glo Necklace

Tee: Lisa Frank for Local Celebrity, Delia's

I was driving to the ATM to get tip money for the lovely ShopRite delivery people who help make my hermit life possible when I caught Joan Osborne's "One of Us" on the radio.  I was so happy to hear this '90s classic, especially the chorus "What if God was one of us?/Just a slob like one of us/Just a stranger on the bus/Tryin' to make his way home?"  When I was in seventh grade, our music teacher used to let us bring in our favorite songs to sing, which was pretty cool of him, and someone brought in this one.  When the "just a slob like one of us" part came on, our teacher balked, "I'm no slob; speak for yourself!".  Apparently, his coolness had limits.

Today's outfits have nothing to do with this.  Unless you count the tenuous connection of Lisa Frank and Ms. Osborne being '90s pop culture icons.

Which, of course, I do.  Because they're both passengers on this bus called life.

You too, whether you want to be or not, Mr. Z.

9 comments:

apinchofstory said...

Thanks for your follow :) I'm following your blog...

ellie said...

Let's face it Lisa Frank is so iconic and yet underrated. I always adored the style and the color! What a beautiful post! And a wonderful song to remember. And a great way to remember all those we lost during the pandemic too.

OH, such fabulous color too! Beautiful outfits! So great to your beautiful weekend post!

I decided I would make a Cori & Megan 'header' with the WEDDING approaching. Of course, as soon as that was done I felt...Ellie needs something new too with a few characters who have stories coming up. Thanks so much! Of course, I enjoy writing about Brandon and Declan and Declan's thinking of 'oh, we have to be here for the girls attitude' when all along those two are always there for him.

We had such a humid heat a few days ago, but the weekend has been nice and I get to see all of Alex's new wigs she is parading out in at the library. I did get the 4th Booster. Someone was telling me they got Maderna this time. Now I'm sure I will switch next go around..and I am sure there it a next go around.

The Book Group said...

Fantastic! Wonderful sentiments. Oh, what a music teacher! Showing his true colors...=) In love with these outfits and the Gummy Bear necklace is so precious ❤️❤️❤️ Such a perfect time to write a lovely post like this. So much to think on. Yes, it is a beautiful song and the basis of the way I see God would want us to be.

Lets hope THE BOOK GROUP will suffice. I had felt a little trapped with the last story I was going to try to revamp which was from an old NANOWRITE more tale, although..I found it a little sappy at times and just thought..Don't go there..

As for the book group it's premise is of course, about books and acquaintences. And actually, I had read this (the rp person who wanted me to write with her) person's version that she abandoned so soon during the beginning of the pandemic of how two met during a book club (all she could think on was these two to have a baby together). I did not like the dialogue at all. It made me quite ill to read. This version has just a bit of rough Hollyoaks tone (and old old Brittish soap that I used to be quite fond of) Funny fact, my friend's dog is named Odin. Sorry to ramble.

Hollyn'Stevie said...

Such a beautiful post. Much more than you might even know. I do love this story. Thanks for the Lisa Frank nostalgia! Such lovely outfits too! I'm so glad you posted this. Yesterday, I didn't even know the flags were at half staff and then some patron told us it was dedicated to the million of people who died of COVID during the pandemic here in America. Such a shock. I knew it was high. And still very scary.

Thanks so much for your comments. I so appreciate you reading and commenting. And thanks for your inspiration too! Truly, you are very creative ❤️

Ivy's Closet said...

Such great outfits! I love these! & Lisa Frank too! I haven't listened to Joan's song in ages. Such a great song to bring to attention this weekend! Adoring your post. I'm afraid I am behind in my reading. Just so many books to enjoy! I hope your summer plans are going well. As well, as getting your crafts in place too.

I spoke yesterday to a co-worker who got a deal on a 3-D printer and he makes dolls with Reisin (I think that's what it is). Of course, he doesn't like to talk much but I could tell he is excited about figuring this printer out. I really wished he could have gotten on with our Maker's Space, but he really isn't a people person.

Caitlin'nMegan said...

This is full of fabulous color ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ I really liked the music teacher's story. Oh, what a guy. I truly feel for that line from the song too..'one of us'. Such a poignant post! Very great to read it.

Well, someone is coming out by Wednsday to take a look at the AC. Meanwhile, we can get the fan going and then it is cool. So hopefully, we won't hear..oh, you need a new AC.

Thanks so much for the beautiful post!

Samantha said...

Fabulous outfits!!! The Yummy Bear Necklace is beautiful; it really pops against the light grey sweater. And the Four Leaf Fabulous Necklace!!! Pink and purple are such a pretty combination, especially with the floral dress. The Lisa Frank T-shirt is soooo cute and is perfect with the Lucky Day-Glo Necklace! I love all the little charms. Lastly, how cool that your teacher let your class sing your favorite songs. "One of Us" is such a '90s classic! What a fun memory tied to the song. :) (On a side-note, your Four Leaf Fabulous Necklace put the '90s song "Four Leaf Clover" by Abra Moore in my head, haha!)

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I just love visiting your blog to see all the amazing outfits, colorful backgrounds, fun jewelry and tidbits of your life. The nostalgia is always fun and you were so lucky to have such a cool music teacher. I don't remember music class being fun. As always I LOVE the shoes ( probably could not wear the high ones). Have a great week.

The Liberty Belle said...

Colorful!