Sunday, May 1, 2022

Postest With the Mostest: Sealed With a Kitsch

Shoes: Chase & Chloe, Zulily

Top: Rebellious One, Macy's

Bracelet: Amrita Singh, Zulily; Parrot Ring: Francesca's; Necklace: The Tote Trove; Clip: Wild Fable, Target; Chartreuse Ring: Claire's

Pants: Princess Vera, Kohl's

Bag: Amazon

Top: Candie's, Kohl's

Bangles: B Fabulous; Rainbow necklace and feather barrette: The Tote Trove; Pink necklace: H&M; Green bracelet: Parade of Shoes; Ring: Making Waves, Ocean City

Shoes: Betsey Johnson, Macy's


Top: Delia's, Dolls Kill

Skirt: Wild Fable, Target; Tights: Xhilaration, Target; Black bangle: Petite Sophisticate; Next bangle: Bloomingsales Florist, Brigantine; Next bangle group: Mixit, JCPenney; Last three bangles: Steve Madden, Macy's; Owl ring: Decree, JCPenney; Peacock ring: Candie's, Kohl's

Headbands: Gifted

Spider necklace: SHEIN

They used to say that there was magic in getting the mail.  You know, as in, what will come today?  A letter from a faraway friend?  An invitation to a holiday party?  A magazine with recipes and perfume samples?  Sure, it could be a pesky bill, or a flyer for discount dental.  But the hope that it could be something exciting always seemed to tip the odds.  Not so in this age of texts and Evites, where paper is persona non grata.  

Maybe that's why I feel like I'm on a mission whenever I go to the post office with a Tote Trove package.  (If you look closely at the second outfit pic, then you can see the telltale manila envelope under my arm.)  Sending someone something happy to chase away the gray makes me happy.  Nostalgic yet steady, mail is an old school way to connect, correspondence based on things you can see and feel and old-fashioned anticipation.   

Unless, of course, Newman's on duty.  

6 comments:

Luda Tischenko said...

Amazing look

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh, such lovely colors. Adoring these amazing outfits! Such great necklaces too! So cool! Oh, it is great to get something nice in the mail. Those are truly rare occasions these days! Such a fantastic post! All the best on a beautiful May! Thanks for your comments. Thanks for reading. Thanks for being here.


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I did get to see The Northman. I had no idea what it was about, but my friend and her daughter wanted to go so my Friday afternoon was at the movie theater. Oddly, we got deep discounts this round. I dunno why. Perhaps more people are going out now. I did post my review today.

Caitlin&Megan said...

Oh, I am so adoring these bobbles and much more of yours! So exciting to see you out and about, even to go to the post office. Hope your May is wonderful! Such a cool necklace you have created too! Some amazing pieces you have in your wardrobe. Thanks so much for the inspiring post! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Well, I have made a sudden revelation this weekend while I was at work. "ALEX" who's name is actually ALEX. On his sister's card it said "Please do not let Alexander use my card ..no matter what!" What I didn't know is that he/she is a foster kid. Of course, I dunno why this didn't come to my mind more quickly..after all these imagines of how his mother met somebody from a far off Asian land (like maybe she was in the military and just so happened to have ...) Well, anyway..I am glad there is such an understanding Mom who keeps so calm. Like any teen or kid they can certainly rake up the overdue at the library.

Hollyn'Stevie said...

Stunning! You make the little things work too! Adoring those bracelets and rings! Really, some great outfits to start off the month! So much great color! Really, loving how you put these outfits together! Still a bit chilly here.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..

Thanks so much for your comment. Yes, the more I write the more characters I come across..I'm afraid. And here I was trying not to let that happen.. I'm afraid I like Tobey too...=)

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Your thoughts about the mail Brought back memories from The Music Man musical when the town got so excited and sang about -
"The Wells Fargo Wagon is a commin' down the street!!" - Yes the mail is a magical time. It's so nice to think that you package will be bringing a little joy someone. I love the 2nd pari of pants and all the bold colors in this post.

Samantha said...

Totally rad looks!! The first outfit is so full of brilliant color; the top looks like various shades of flames, and that's super cool. The Saturn bag is the perfect accessory to the zebra print and colorful tights! The sweet pastels of the third outfit is so cute. Your Kitschy Cactus Necklace is a stunner and the SHEIN spider necklace is a cute sidekick! The photo of your stacked bracelets is lovely, too. Sending off goodies truly is "an old school way to connect" and "old-fashioned anticipation" is a wildly wonderful feeling in this age of instant-everything, it seems. (LOL at the Newman reference!)