Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Big Prints, Big House: A Symphony for Sephora

Dress: POPSUGAR, Kohl's

Barrette: Carole, JCPenney


Top: Crave Fame, Macy's

Shoes: Kenneth Cole Unlisted, Marshalls

Skirt: Nine West, Kohl's


Green and yellow bangles: B Fabulous; Orange and striped bangles: Mixit, JCPenney; Barrettes: The Tote Trove; Ring: PinkBopp, Etsy; Belt: Marshalls
 
Pants: Vylette, Kohl's

Barrettes: SHEIN

Bangles: Mixit, JCPenney; Necklace: Candies, Kohl's

Socks: Zulily; Shoes: Circus by Sam Edelman, Kohl's

I never shy away from bringing big prints.  And in this post I bring a bunch, including polka dots, zebra, plaid, checks, and hearts.  Also, a harmonica necklace.  You may remember the first harmonica necklace I made using a bright green New Year's Eve party favor.  Well, last week I found its tangerine twin behind the TV.  I can only imagine that it landed there during one of my long-ago, four-person ragers.  Anyway, I was excited to spot it.  Even as I tried very hard not to think about how harmonicas are associated not with fun and games, but with jail and, in this case, orange jumpsuits.

Still, I'd be remiss in not mentioning that other big house big on big prints, namely old-timey prison-esque black and white stripes.  And that house, of course, is Sephora:


One opened in my local Kohl's recently, so I checked it out for Mother's Day gifts.  And it was a different world.  There were women rocking expertly winged eyeliner and others seeking that unicorn known as the perfect foundation.  As someone who buys most of her makeup at Walgreens (save for a few temptingly packaged lipsticks), I found it fascinating and glam, so much so that I photographed the wall art behind the counter.

I love its sentiment as much as its billboard-bright colors: "We belong to something beautiful."  

We do, Sephora, we do.  So think of this orange harmonica riff of a necklace as a symphony written, not in a penitentiary but in a palace, its bittersweet citrus notes sounding -- and in the spirit of perfume also smelling -- just for you.

5 comments:

Samantha said...

I adore all of these bold prints!!! It's an eclectic mix of fun; I love the two barrettes you put in your hair with the plaid skirt outfit - it's a lovely splash of color that ties the whole outfit together! The Hilda Harmonica necklace is so cool with the bold orange. And the group shot of your accessories is stunning (I spy the PinkBopp ring!) The turquoise and pink striped bracelet is my favorite. The checkered outfit with the polka dots and hot pink is ultra cool; the SHEIN barrettes and the way you styled them is awesome! Finally, the Sephora photo and its message is beautiful. The font design is totally you!

ellie said...

Oh, you bring it on! Love those socks! & the little details too. You know how to accessories the hair too! Some amazing barrettes! Yeah! Such amazing creativity. Always so unique! Fabulous post!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Thanks for your comments! Oh, I might have gone overboard explaining in the comments. Sometimes, I can't help it. Although, I think Vanna is a good person she definitely has her insecurities. Yet, I think she's had to step-down too. Of course, she is young and is trying to picture her life in the future. But I think she wants to be a good friend. Although, she might not know how. Hopefully, I can find a way to get another part of the story in the mix with Steve, Simon and life now.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I love this post. I am such a fan of dots, hearts, and geometrics. It's so funny. I never am able to find any clothes or shoes or accessories that I like when I shop at Kohl's, yet I seem to love all the things you find. Love the hot pink pants and I want' those socks!!! The red dress is fabulous and looks so good on you!! Great outfits all around.

The Book Group said...

It's been ages since going to Sephora. I would want to take pictures too. Yes, I am a drugstore cosmetic kind of gal too. And if anyone knows the cheap brands..well, I'm sure to stock up on them.

I love the brilliant outfits too! You are so inspiring!

*********** Thanks for reading and commenting. I had sent this to a writer friend who wrote back..are you sure this isn't from a TV show? I wasn't sure to be elated or another Told You So moment. Yes, there was a British/Scottish show called the Book Group (back in 2000 or so), but these aren't the characters from that show.

Mica said...

I love these bright outfits! I think that last one is my favourite though, such a classic black and white combo made even more fun with the bright pink and the print mixing!

Hope you are having a great weekend. It's another rainy day here.

Away From The Blue