Sunday, May 8, 2022

Pasta for Dinner, Wacky Waving Figure: Mama Mia, What a Mother's Day


Once again, it's that day in May when we take time to honor our mothers.  To say thank you for cutting the crusts off all those PB&Js, showing up for every game and recital, and placing every hideous trinket we ever gave you in pride of place on the bookshelf.  Even when we whined, cried, and screamed.  And sometimes said I hate you.

For those and many other reasons, you deserve more than a macaroni necklace.  And that's not even counting the childbirth part.

My own mom taught me so many wonderful things, including how to read and accessorize.  I don't have to tell you that both came in handy, as I've devoted my life to books and baubles.

So Mom, in keeping with Arcade Fire's performance on last night's SNL, please accept this Wacky Waving Figure as a token of my appreciation:

Not literally, though.  Because I gave it to the husband for Christmas, and I think he'd really miss it.  But it's the thought that counts, right?  

Which puts us back in macaroni necklace territory.  

Then again, what's a macaroni necklace if not the combo of the perfect food and jewelry?

What I'm trying to say is, you get it.  You encouraged every wacky dream (and outfit!) I ever had, listened to every stray thought and worry.  So thanks for always cheering me on and being the best mom -- and friend -- I could ever hope for.  

I love you.  Happy Mother's Day!

8 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Such a beautiful photo of you and your mom and a beautiful post for her as well. Happy Mother's Day to mothers' everywhere.

Lovely said...

Lovely to see your mom! Happy Mother's Day tp her!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Caitlin&Megan said...

Such a wonderful post! Lovely and honest sentiments 💖💕❤️ The day started with a thunderstorm here. I'm afraid it was a sleepy day, indeed. We showed up early at our favorite Mexican place and it was good even if the food didn't show up quite as soon as usual. But the Italian place would have taken a lot longer.

Oh, yes...Cyrus makes his move. I have not forgotten about those two. Thanks for your comments! All the best to lots of sweet memories yet to come for you two! All the best to your creativity!

Ivy's Closet said...

Happy Mother's Day! I am sure no matter what it was memorable. Oh, so great that we know who nurtured that creativity of yours. Thanks for the wonderful post! Thanks for your comments too. I actually made waffles and they turned out better than I expected. As of late I have been trying different flours and they don't seem to rise much..but went back to basics and they turned out really well.

Thanks so much for your Mother's Day Post! I so enjoyed reading it ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Hollyn'Stevie said...

Such a fantastic post! You are so very creative! Yes, Moms go through so much. Such a great photo of you and your mom together. Looking beautiful! Stay that creative you!

ellie said...

Happy Mother's Day! Everyday! So glad you posted this awesome post! You have come a long way from the macaroni necklaces. So great to know where your inspiration comes from!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ We did get to go out. Everyone was well-mannered. It helps to keep coloring while waiting for food. No alcohol this year. A sign of the times or the fact everything is just too expensive.

Thanks so much for your comments.

Samantha said...

What a sweet tribute to your mom!!! The photo of you both is so cute and I love the color outlines you added. Your outfit is ultra sweet! You described the essence of motherhood perfectly with your appreciative words of praise. Also, LOVE the Wacky Waving Figure! It looks so happy, haha! You definitely gave praise and recognition to the legendary macaroni necklace, too. :)

apinchofstory said...

Good post :) would you like to follow each other? if answer is yes, please follow me on my blog &I'll follow you back...

https://apinchofstory.blogspot.com/