Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Breakfast for Dinner


"What's for dinner?" Always a food enthusiast, I asked my mom that question tirelessly. Now I ask myself, which is sometimes more fun -- hey, I get to eat whatever I want -- but sometimes not because I have to cook it myself. Last night wasn't so difficult, though, because I used up some bread, ham, eggs, and cheese I had in the fridge to make this recipe dubbed Breakfast Dish. Here's how to make it yourself:

Ingredients:
(I halved this recipe.)

1 cup cooked ham or bacon
4 cubed slices bread
6 eggs
2 cups milk
1 cup shredded Cheddar or Swiss cheese

Directions:

Grease 9 x 11 Pyrex casserole dish. Spread bread evenly on bottom. Add ham or bacon. Beat eggs and milk. Pour over meat and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 40-50 minutes. Cover after 25 minutes.

No comments: