Thursday, December 24, 2009

Make and Tell Challenge, Day 114: Merry Christmas Eve!



I had high hopes when it came to completing my gift projects. As with most such hopes, I didn't meet them but came close - and am satisfied to even have accomplished that much. So, today's make. I painted these two tiny totes for gift cards I got for my grandmom (they're part of the gift basket of Italian cooking goodness I referred to at some point during this mad and hazy week.). They're bright, they're crisp, they're festive. And they look great in the basket. So, I was happy.

In other breaking news, I won't be seeing the bf's sister until New Year's, so I'll have ample time to paint her a large tote, as planned.

Crafting aside, it's been a lovely Christmas Eve. I wrapped the last of my gifts while watching Christmas reruns of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Home Improvement, did some much-needed house cleaning, and painted my nails (toenails, too!) for the first time in I can't remember how long. Then the bf came home from work and we enjoyed a decadent dinner of grilled steak with mushrooms, asparagus, buttered penne, and shrimp and scallops sautéed in butter and Old Bay. After that we went to church with the bf's mom and grandparents. They had a beautiful candlelight vigil. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about dropping my candle on my fake fur coat and setting the whole place ablaze. Apparently my fears were transparent, because on the way out the bf asked if I could've gripped my candle any harder.

Oh, the holidays. I hope yours are entertaining so far.

No comments: