Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The First of My Posts Without Pictures

I'm staying at my parents' house this week to keep my mom company while my dad's away on business. (Normally, I wouldn't reveal such a sensitive personal detail, but since the bf is home holding down the fort and protecting all my worldly goods, I thinks it's okay.) So, why no picture? I can't figure out how to upload photos from my camera onto my parents' computer and still be able to upload them onto my computer once I get home. (Hey, I never professed to be a techie.) It's kind of a bummer, because I just made three gorgeous new necklaces (if I do say so myself) featuring fun, colorful felt shapes. (Yes, I brought my jewelry-making paraphernalia with me. Once I get on a project kick, it's hard for me to let go until the idea in my head takes shape in paint or beads or what have you. I would've brought the Large Rainbow Bold Beauty Tote I'm working on too, but paint's too hard to transport.) I'll be sure to post pictures of the necklaces this weekend.

Jewelry making or no jewelry making, being at my parents' house is a world apart from being home. And I don't just mean because my mom cooks my dinner and packs my lunch (although that's lovely). When I'm home, I'm on Tote Trove autopilot arranging each night and weekend so that I can cram in every blog post, new project, and Etsy shop overhaul. Dishes pile up, sleep is caught at random intervals, and meals are often erratic and wanting. It's no wonder that before I left the bf told me to enjoy it and relax.

And I am. My mom and I are having the best time, watching our shows and sharing snacks and retelling old stories. Tonight I laughed so hard that juice came out of my nose. Which means, of cousre, that a good time was had by all.

2 comments:

Made by Melissa said...

What a great daughter! When you upload your photos from your camera, they should still be on your memory card, if not, get a USB memory stick and copy them from her computer to the stick, then when you get home, take them from the stick and put them on your computer.

The Tote Trove said...

Thanks, Melissa! I'll have to keep that in mind (although this time around I think I'll just wait until I get home to upload the pictures because I'm doing too many other things, as usual :)