Saturday, October 23, 2010

Have a Heart for Art


A couple of days ago, someone from Tallahassee, Florida, contacted me through Etsy to find out if I'd be interested in donating my Medium Checkerboard Heart Tote (which I'd just relisted) to the I Heart Art auction being held at her child's elementary school. She provided a link to the I Heart Art program* which raises money to keep arts programs going in public schools. Of course, I was more than happy to participate. Arts programs deserve just as much attention and funding as science and athletics programs. Art gives kids the much-needed chance to express themselves beyond the bounds of right and wrong answers and painstakingly executed plays. And that broadens their world, making them feel good about themselves. I wish this I Heart Art Program lots of success. Go, art!

*Link deactivated.

2 comments:

The Smith Family said...

Thanks so much for this post Tracy and for supporting such a wonderful cause!

The Tote Trove said...

You're welcome! Best of luck!