Saturday, October 16, 2010

Something New and Sparkly - Rainbow Ribbons Necklace

Rainbow Ribbons Necklace, The Tote Trove, http://www.thetotetrove.etsy.com/


Not too long ago, I noticed these rustic-looking silk cords in A. C. Moore. I think they're meant for stringing beads, but for some reason I was instantly inspired to use them as adornments for a chain necklace. Then I saw a display of quirky charms in Michaels and was a complete goner. I had to have all these fun new pieces to morph into an exciting new necklace. It was so bad that I even had an outfit picked out to wear with it! (I have a feeling that one will be a part of next week's Photo Shoot Friday.) It took me longer than usual to amass the trinkets, as I decided to make multiple trips to the craft stores to use my many coupons. But I eventually got everything I needed, and this Rainbow Ribbons Necklace was the result. So, did it turn out as I pictured it? Mostly. Although, the necklace in my mind had more widely spaced charms and ribbons going all the way around instead of concentrated in a chunky group in the center. But that's the nice thing about creating; you never know just what you'll get.

I made this necklace for me but just posted it in the Made to Order section of my Etsy shop, http://www.thetotetrove.etsy.com/. That way, if you like it, then I'll happily make you one too :)

2 comments:

Cassandra Watsham said...

This necklace made me smile!

The Tote Trove said...

Thanks! I actually wore it to work today, which made me smile :)