Friday, October 21, 2011

I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watching Me


All watches from A.C. Moore except: Fuchsia faux snakeskin: XOXO, JCPenney; Yellow jelly with rhinestones: Cloud Nine; Yellow/pink/green jelly digital: Kohl's; Purple jelly with rhinestones: Cloud Nine; Black: XOXO, JCPenney; Leopard: Nine West

I didn't always like watches.  I gave them such little thought, in fact, that when my old one stopped, I didn't even bother to replace it.  Then last Christmas I got two watches as gifts (the snake and leopard ones pictured above), and the floodgates opened.  Why, I asked myself, had I not been collecting watches all along?  There were so many styles and shapes out there, just waiting to be mingled with rainbows of bangles.  And they needn't be expensive.  There were oodles of fun and funky $10 options, which just happened to come in the most vibrant colors!  So what if they broke? (Not that any of mine have, and I wear them often.)  I could just go out and buy another.  And buy I did.  Now every time I plan an outfit, I have the pleasure of reaching into my watch box (yes, I have one) and picking out just the right timekeeper. 

It's weird to think that this little obsession bloomed almost a year ago.  But then, (insert laugh track and big cheesy grin) time flies when you're having fun.

2 comments:

Jewel Divas Style said...

OH MY GOD!!!!!

BLING WATCHES!!!!!!!

The Tote Trove said...

Yep. The collecting bug bit me bad this time :)