Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Something New and Sparkly: Bring on the 1970s (Or the 1980s; They're Both So Sparkly and Colorful That Sometimes I Can't Tell the Difference)

This Crazy for Kawaii Disco Diva Necklace had so much personality that I decided to photograph it with two different tops:  

Mild: Letting the necklace's colors stand out against a stark black backdrop.

Wild: Ratcheting up the chaos with a raucous leopard print.



Crazy for Kawaii Disco Diva Necklace

Caftan: Mudd, Kohl's
Leopard top: Macy's
Skirt: Bubblegum, Macy's
Shoes: Material Girl, Macy's
Bag: Betseyville, ROSS Dress for Less
Green and blue bangles: B Fabulous
Yellow bangle: JCPenney
Ring: Making Waves, Ocean City

I'm not ashamed to admit that I love this Crazy for Kawaii Disco Diva Necklace (not that the cat wasn't already out of the bag with the two-top extravagance).  Once I finished making it, I stared at it for so long that the bf said I looked like a seagull plotting to swoop down on its next crumb.  It's exactly the sort of happy accident that I'd hoped would emerge from the mess of long-suffering supplies camping out on my shelves.  See those hot pink plastic teardrop things?  They were earrings that came with some bangles from the dollar bin at A.C. Moore.  I don't wear earrings (I can't stand the thought of having holes punched in my ears), so I knew they'd end up starring in a project someday.  As for the other plastic teardrops and the beads, those came from that invaluable $5.00 1960s-themed kids' craft kit.  Which is interesting given that I'm touting this necklace as resembling something from the 1970s or 1980s.  (Despite having included the word "disco" in its moniker, I still haven't made up my mind.)

No comments: