Saturday, October 1, 2011

Something New and Sparkly: Out of this World



Crazy for Kawaii Yellow Circle Necklace

Tee: So, Kohl's
Skirt: I Heart Ronson, JCPenney
Shoes: Madden Girl, DSW
Bag: Chinese Laundry, JCPenney

This Crazy for Kawaii Yellow Circle Necklace reminds me of a planet.  When I was a kid, my favorite planet was Saturn, on account of its cool-sounding name and its rings.  I used to think it was weird how people would compare ocean or space scapes for a kid's bedroom or maybe a mural, as if they were on the same level and somehow interchangeable.  Because the ocean is part of Earth and therefore part of space, not an entity parallel to it.  But thinking about space being vast enough to swallow oceans was kind of unpleasant.  So, I'd go back to confining it to the more benign realm of the purely decorative, the spirit of which is encapsulated in this necklace.

Hmm, that got really deep really fast.  Feel free to forget it all and go back to staring at the pretty colors. 

No comments: