Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Something New and Sparkly: Silver Screen Style



Fabulous Felt Movie Magic Necklace

Top: JCPenney
Skirt: Necessary Objects, Annie Sez
Shoes: Nina, DSW
Bag: Journeys
Watch: A.C. Moore
Bangles: B Fabulous
Ring: Making Waves, Ocean City

The ensemble surrounding this Fabulous Felt Movie Magic Necklace is an unexpected mix of bold and demure.  For about half a minute I debated the wisdom of pairing this ethereal top and skirt with the more graphic necklace, bag, and other jewelry.  But then I decided that I liked the contrast too much.  As for the necklace, I don't know why I didn't think to tackle a movie theme sooner, what with the visual appeal of popcorn and my love of make-believe.  Some may eschew movies as mere distractions.  But I've always felt that they're much more than that.  Stories, after all, are chronicles of the human condition, slices of life that remind us of what it's all about.

No comments: