Saturday, July 16, 2022

Chicken, Cheese, and a Handful of Zzzzzzzzzzzs: Fighting for a Bite of Bob's Burgers



When I heard that The Bob's Burgers Movie was coming to theaters this Memorial Day, I almost broke my pandemic-induced, going-to-the-movies boycott.  Because I do like to see stuff on the big screen, and this just happened to be that unicorn of a movie that hooked both the husband and me.  The wacky misadventures of the struggling, burger-joint-owning Belchers crack us up every Sunday (his favorite character is big cheese Bob; mine is awkward oldest kid Tina).  



We love the offbeat jokes and burger puns (so much so that one Christmas my sister gave us this Bob's Burgers cookbook), and the husband is spot on when it comes to figuring out the names of the guest voice actors.  So, braving the masses to get our buns into those seats seemed worth it.  Nevertheless, I ended up chickening out (and probably, as is usually the case, eating chicken).  But that was okay.  Because The Bob's Burgers Movie started streaming on Hulu this weekend!  The husband and I settled in front of the TV with, not burgers or even chicken, but pizza and got ready to laugh.


So, how was the feature film version of America's favorite carnivorous cartoon?  Well, it's hard to say because for most of it I was asleep!  It was more my fault than Bob's -- Friday nights, after working all week, I usually curl up and collapse.  But the parts I did see seemed less hilarious than the thirty-minute shows we enjoyed.  The husband said that he felt the same, and he stayed awake the whole time.  

Still, maybe I'll give it another try.  On a Sunday.  And with a cheeseburger.     

10 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Where have I been? I have never even heard of this Burger show. It sounds like you really get quite a kick out of it. Sorry the movie wasn't as good- maybe your expectations were too high!! We went to the movies tonight to see Where The Crawdad's sing. It was our first movie since covid. We went to a 4:30 show and is was pretty much empty, but I wore a mask anyway but husband didn't The movie was great- so much so I think I'll read the book.

Samantha said...

What an adorable burger book!!! I've heard of Bob's Burgers, but never knew what it was about. From the looks of your book snapshots and the hilarious puns for titles, it looks like a fun show! "Totally Radish Burger"...brilliant! The page with the red pepper caught my eye, as it looks just like the ghost pepper I have growing in my backyard, and the burger name is hilarious! The pizza and movie at home sounds like a fun time (even if you snoozed through most of it!), but maybe a cheeseburger on a Sunday will do wonders and make for a different re-watching experience. :)

ellie said...

I feel it's one of those shows you just need to watch over and over because..well, that's what we do. Cool to know there is a MOVIE. I hope it's got some good recipes from the cookbook!

Hope the movie is great the second time around!

Hollyn'Stevie said...

Friday night movies can mean early to bed. Hope you enjoy it on Sunday. Yes, back in the day..this show made Sunday evenings! Such a cute book. Aren't you glad you waited on this one though? Happy Sunday!

Ivy's Closet said...

I will confess. I'm not sure I could sit through a whole movie. And yet, let's have a marathon of it..and a different story! Oh, the fun of these characters. Wonderful post❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Hope you guys are staying well and enjoy that movie!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Such a fun weekend post! Oh, I didn't know about the movie, either. Maybe Tina just needs her movie. But then again, the comedy comes from the circle of this family too. Thanks for giving me a smile this morning. ❤️πŸŒΈπŸ‹❤️πŸŒΈπŸ‹πŸ”

Cherry Blossoms said...

Oh, I'm sure the cheeseburger would help! Such a fun cookbook! All the best to a Sunday matinee..πŸ”πŸ’›πŸ”πŸ’›

Better Left Unsaid said...

Oh, I hope you are having a good Sunday! Gotta love Bob's Burgers! Hope you stay up for the movie this time...πŸ”πŸ”πŸ”πŸ”πŸ”

The Book Group said...

Perfect Burger weather we are having. Even better, finding a cool place to watch Bob's Burgers! All the best to a cool July!

Jewel Divas Style said...

We've had the show here in Aus, the few times I watched it I loved it. It was hilarious.