Monday, July 4, 2022

Pinwheel Reel: My Oh My, it's the Fourth of July

Sunglasses: Wild Fable, Target

Shoes: Mix No. 6, DSW; Headband: Celebrate, Kohl's; Bag: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's; Light blue bangle: Burlington Coat Factory; Royal blue bangle: So, Kohl's; Red bangle: B Fabulous 


Dress: Lily Rose, Kohl's

Pinwheel: Hobby Lobby

Bag: Betsey Johnson, Modcloth

Patriotic Parrot Necklace

Striped top: Self Esteem, Macy's; Polka dot skirt: So, Kohl's

Scrunchies: Celebrate, Kohl's

Shorts: Merona, Target

Flip flops: Katy Perry Collection, Nordstrom Rack

Bag: INC, Macy's


Top: Molly Bracken, Modcloth

Heart ring: Delia's; Headband: Lady Arya, Zulily; Bangles: B Fabulous; Bow bangle: Holiday Lane, Macy's; Red ring: Miami accessories cart; Multi ring: Wet Seal


Shoes: Impo, DSW; Ring: Making Waves, Ocean City; Yellow bangles: B Fabulous; Multi bangle: ?; Striped bangle: ZAD, Zulily 

Dress: So, Kohl's

Bag: Royal Monk, Modcloth

Funky Flag Necklace

Maybe I should've called this post Boat Brigade, given all the nautical paraphernalia.  Sailboats, anchors, marina flags -- even a parrot.  But it didn't have the same ring as Pinwheel Reel, nor its symbolism about keeping things spinning.

Because it was a whirlwind of a Fourth of July weekend, which means two outings instead of zero.  As you know, Saturday was my parents' BBQ, and today the husband and I went to Rita's.  I kept the Swedish fish theme going by getting that flavor gelati.  Sometime in between I remembered to eat the blueberries from the farm stand (I had to sneak in some antioxidants) -- and photograph our fortuitously red, white, and blue kitchen mat.  All of the flowers are at my parents'.  They're both gifted gardeners, unlike yours truly.    

The husband, Chippo champ. 

Life is just a bowl of berries.

Hi, Mom!

One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish.

Flags of our flowers.

Blah backdrop?  Paint it mellow yellow!

Here comes happy!

I can't believe that another Fourth has come and gone, and that this marks the third one since the beginning of the pandemic.  But I'm still here and so are you.  And I think that that, along with America's birthday, is something worth celebrating.      

6 comments:

ellie said...

Oh, what a lovely outing! Love those high heels in the first pick! Such a great red, white and blue theme. Such a feast and ice cream too! Love! Love! that summer stripe dress!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ We got to dine in at Windy's! This is a small feat since the dining area is rarely ever opened anymore. But I got to have my strawberry Frosty!💙💙💙💙💙💙💙 Of course, I still want one more day of chilling. Thanks so much for your comments. Yes, I just can't help myself when it comes to the 4th to write stories about the 4th. Evidently. So of course, let the Cade and Rafe troubles begin...

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Such glorious patriotic color! Love these wonderful outfits! Looks like amazing fun times! So glad you had these outings this 4th. Awesome necklaces! I love how you put a bird on it too! Oh, I do envy you have such a great ice cream place like that! So wonderful!💙❤️💙❤️💙❤️ Oh, I guess I have started my 4th adventures in writing. Especially with Mona and Tristan's woes. And other fun things..hopefully. Thanks so much for your comments. Thanks for being here and for your inspiration to with the sets and more!

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh so great! Love these beautiful outfits! Such great color! Wonderful theme! Hope your week is off to a good start with that amazing ice cream! Yes, what a birthday party for the weekend. Thanks for giving me so much to smile about! Thanks for your comments and of course, for inspiring my sets too! ❤️🎂💙🎇🍥🎆

Samantha said...

I knew your Fourth of July post would be amazing...and I was right!!! Your gingham dress in the first photo is so cute, along with your little pinwheel. The cherry purse is *ahem!* the cherry on top of the second outfit! Including those darling scrunchies. Your patriotic necklaces and accessories are ultra cute and so fitting for the holiday. The photos of your parents' flowers (with your husband in the background!) is awesome, along with that bowl of berries pic! The shot of your mom alongside the feast of goodies is adorable. Lastly, you and your husband's outing to Rita's looks like so much fun! The way you painted the backdrop behind you yellow, along with the decor of Rita's, is so picturesque. I'm glad to see you had a blast! "But I'm still here and so are you. And I think that that, along with America's birthday, is something worth celebrating." Beautifully said!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Looks like you had quite a wonderful July 4 celebration !! What a delicious looking spread to eat at your moms!
Getting to your fabulous outfits, I have to say the blue checked gingham sundress from Kohls is my favorite followed by all the patriotic looking accessories. Your final words summed it up. After this pandemic, we are all lucky to be here and that is something to celebrate.

Jewel Divas Style said...

Love the necklaces, love that the bag matches the shoes, love the shoes. Here's to red, white and blue, as they're in my flag too.