Friday, July 8, 2022

Door to a Dandelion

If you're a regular reader, then you already know that I love dandelions and hate when people call them weeds.  So when I saw this sunny specimen by my basement door, my heart did a happy dance.  I like to imagine it as an old-timey lady out for a walk in a new yellow dress.  The contrast between the frilly frock and weathered door ups the shabby chic aesthetic, reminding me that there's beauty in things that are old.

And, of course, in things that are frilly.

6 comments:

ellie said...

Oh how sweet! Well, we make dandelion wine and really, it wasn't a good year for dandelions here. So it's great that you found one.

Caitlin&Megan said...

Oh, I would love to see your happy dance. So glad you found one. I know a lot complain about them, but there were a lot fewer in our area this year.

Samantha said...

What a pretty dandelion!! And I agree; I don't see them as weeds, either. I love what you wrote about them; there truly is beauty in things that are old!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I like dandelions too but we don't see many in my neighborhood because "chem lawn" is a regular for most of the houses and they take care of the "weeds" chemically.. It is sad that something as pretty and healthy as dandlions are becoming so hard to find. My friend told me that when her Italian grandmother immigrated to NY she used to scout the streets for dandelions to cook the greens and make something from the flower. Bravo for dandelions and so glad you found one!!

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh, I hope that dandelion stays strong! Wonderful photo!

Hollyn'Stevie said...

I have always wanted to make a salad with them, but just can't let myself do it.