Friday, January 6, 2023

Forty-One and Still Having Fun

Forty-one years ago today, I was born on a Wednesday so cold that, to hear my mom tell it, homeless people were "freezing in the streets."  She and my dad were watching The Fall Guy in her hospital room just before my arrival.  Not that the delivery was as easy as Lee Majors would have you believe.  Apparently, I was all turned around up in there, forcing poor mom to go through umpteen hours of labor before finally having a C-section.    

Mom, if you're reading this, then I'm still sorry.

But that's all icy water under the bridge as I write to you today, a proud, middle-aged woman who continues to amuse herself with kindergarten crafts.  Behold this trio of mostly-finished birthday barrette brooches, some of which I plan to wear during the weekend's festivities.     

Because today is just the beginning of what will undoubtedly be an, ahem, "major-ly" fun celebration.

7 comments:

Samantha said...

Happy Birthday Tracy!!!!!! 💖🎂💖 Wishing you a fun-filled day and weekend of celebration! I enjoyed the story about the day you were born, and cheers to being "a middle-aged woman who continues to amuse herself with kindergarten crafts." Heck yes!!! Your barrette brooches are soooo cute...it's hard to choose a favorite of the bunch since they're all adorable, but I think my favorite is the "Bday" one that looks like the top view of a yummy cake!

ellie said...

Love the Lee Majors reference! Hope you have a beautiful birthday weekend! Love the barret too!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Oh, I love the story. So great she got to watch FALL GUY during the who ordeal. Happy Birthday!!!!❤️💖❤️

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh, I love hearing these stories. Happy Birthday! May you have a beautiful new year of all sorts of adventures in crafting and more!

Hollyn'Stevie said...

Happy Birthday! Wishing you lots of laughs and love with family and friends! Oh, such a wonderful post❤️✨💕💖

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Happy Birthday. Can't wait to see you in your birthday barrettes. Loved hearing your birth story. What are you doing to celebrate?

Jewel Divas Style said...

Happy belated birthday!