Saturday, January 21, 2023

Mugs on Mugs: Starting the Day the Golden Girls Way


Forget having a cup of Joe.  How about having a cup with Blanche and Dorothy?  Bea-cause that's what's on the breakfast table with these Golden Girls mugs I got for Christmas.  (Even if they're in my craft room instead of kitchen.  Me sully Rue or Bea with tea?  Never!)  Cute and colorful, they're a Miami devotee's dream.  But I especially love how they broadcast each Girl's philosophy:  

Blanche: (on the inside, so as not to take up real estate better spent on her face): "Day after day, I just get more fabulous!"  

Dorothy: (in all caps) "No, I will not have a nice day."

We all know that Blanche is her own biggest fan and that no one bosses Dorothy -- not even the Ticketmaster rep who trills "have a nice day" after saying that the Sinatra show is sold out.  These ladies are a (sorry not sorry) strong cup of coffee -- and that's why we love them!  Blanche oozes glamour; Dorothy corrects your grammar.  Yet they have one thing in common: they're not to be messed with.           

Try it and you just might end up in jail -- or, even worse, Shady Pines.

10 comments:

The Book Group said...

Oh, I love this! what fabulous cups! Very sweet and more! So happy you have them. Such great gifts! Oh, the things you keep in your craftroom. πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„

Hollyn'Stevie said...

Such a great tribute! And so fun to have. Loved your commentary. I guess this month the Animal Human Society is having a Betty White deal or two on dogs and cats. When I heard that, I thought of you.❤️🌈❤️🌈❤️🌈❤️🌈 Thanks for the adorable Sunday post!

ellie said...

Oh, the older I get the more Dorothy I feel! Such cute and fun mugs. A great way to remember these characters! So Fabulous! I loved your commentary too. (✿◡‿◡) Thanks for your comments! It hasn't been too bad this weekend..the snow waited until last night to get here and then there wasn't much.

Cherry Blossoms said...

Oh, how sweet! Yes, I am sure those cups makes everything better. I might want to put some gelato in mine! I'm afraid I do love coffee cups. Although, I have my CHER coffee cup I have never used. I know I need to use it. But it was very expensive even if my friend gifted it to me when we went to her concerts a few years back. 🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈Oh, I finally got back to the story. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️Loved the post. Now I might want to rewatch this series. We have it at the library.

Caitlin'nMegan said...

So great to read your post! Oh, that Blanche. These two characters were so very different. ..and how can I forget the Shady Pines..I might have to use that in a story (❁´◡`❁) thanks for your comments. Oh, its been an interesting month of January stories..like why doesn't Caitlin want to see Megan and her new baby? I'll have to think on that one.

Ivy's Closet said...

Wow! Such great Christmas presents! So fun and adoring both cups! I so love your wit! Fantastic post! As I write this, my coffee cup needs more coffee. Although, I do my best not to drink much of it, but maybe today.☕☕☕☕☕❄️❄️❄️❄️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️Thanks for your comments! thanks for being here.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful post

Samantha said...

What cute mugs!! I adore that they each exude the Golden Girl's personality in such a short and to-the-point sentence! πŸ’–☕️ They're both definitely forces not to be messed with. πŸ˜‰

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I used to love watching the show. Now I live in Miami and I am a Golden Girl!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I LOVE the mugs! What a fun Christmas gift. I totally relate to what Dorothy says here, so that would certainly be my choice. I also like the mushroom purse. I love everything mushroom, so this really appeals. I have not seen anything like this before.