Thursday, January 19, 2023

Toadstool Cool: Skirts and Sweaters

Sweater and skirt: So, Kohl's

Bag: Amazon

Coat: Nine West, Kohl's

Shoes: Nine West, Marshalls

Lipstick: A Little Magic, Sephora, Kohl's

Red bangle: B Fabulous; Love bangle: Boscov's; Black and white bracelet: Mixit, JCPenney; Flamingo necklace: Ella & Elly, Zulily; Headband: INC, Macy's; Ring: Miami accessories cart; Necklace: The Tote Trove

Sweater: Jessica Simpson, Amazon; Skirt: XOXO, Macy's; Shoes: Nine West, Amazon


Bag: Dancing Days, Banned, Modcloth; Yellow bangle: B Fabulous; Zigzag bangle: Strawbridge & Clothier; Green bracelet: Parade of Shoes; Ring: Making Waves, Ocean City

Skirt: Wild Fable, Target; Leggings: French Connection UK for Sears; Boots: Penny Loves Kenny, Amazon

Bag: Olivia Miller: JCPenney; Blue ring: Mixit, JCPenney; Brown ring: Charlotte Russe

Sweater: Volcom, Macy's

These outfits are all about the timeless -- yet eclectic and unexpected! -- combo of skirts and sweaters.  Also, a bag that looks like a mushroom.  Believe it or not, I've been waiting a year to bust it out of the accessory forest that is my closet.  Not that I wasn't wooed by its woodland whimsy (in one of these pics, I appear to be clutching it with the dreaminess of Gollum and his precious).  But there are a lot of carryalls competing in that closet.  Sometimes when I walk in, I imagine them chirping, "Choose me!  Choose me!  My dress is the prettiest!" like the mannequins in the Beverly Hills Teens cartoon my sister and I watched constantly on VHS.  (Hey, I had to balance out that Lord of the Rings reference with one from a show I actually like.)  Yet no matter how many bags I hoard, there's only one that makes me feel like Smurfette while also expressing my love for those mushroom cannisters that everyone and their mom (mine included) had back in the '70s.

So, as I always say about pizza, make mine mushroom.  It's the fungus that we want among us.

Unlike those maniac mannequins.

9 comments:

ellie said...

Awesome commentary about the 'mushroom' bag...(^_-)db(-_^) It made me smile! Such great stripes too and so many delightful accessories! So winter ready!❤️🌈❤️🌈Oh, the snow came and went..but wasn't nearly as bad as expected! Reading this about your closet, I really need to go through mine too. But it has felt to be a hectic week..so I will think about it some more. 🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈Thanks for your comments. Oh, Gage and Alfie, but Nora is in the mix too..which isn't exactly 3's Company. Thanks again for this Awesome post!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Oh, such fun looks that made me smile. You and the mushroom bag. I am so glad you chose it! LOVE THE STRIPES TOO🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈 You do know how to make an outfit magical! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Thanks for comments...yes, I had been putting off the Nic & Tristan conversations. Although, I think in reality people put off certain conversations too. But Tristan is moving on.

Ivy's Closet said...

Adoring these winter looks! Such a cool bag! & it's so trending...a perfect time to have this post! It's so cool! I adore the necklaces too! Oh, you wear them all so well! Some amazing January looks!πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„ Thanks so much for your comments! All the best to more of your January outfits in the forest of your closet!

camdandusler said...

Cute details :) thanks for your sharing...

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Do you have a huge closet to store all these gorgeous outfits? In Florida, I hardly have any space in my little condo and can't keep a lot of clothes. Your mushrooms are so cute and I love mushrooms on my pizza too. your makeup is gorgeous and you look terrific in all your colorful outfits. Fun ! Fun!

Hollyn'Stevie said...

So lovely in that pink sweater! Love that mushroom bag too! Such a fabulous winter look. Enjoying that headband too! So glad you are bringing out the sweaters🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍πŸŒˆπŸ„πŸ„πŸ³️‍🌈🏳️‍πŸŒˆπŸ„πŸ„πŸ„Wishing you a wonderful and lovely January..hopefully, I'll get the Holly mystery done soon! Thanks for reading and your comments!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful post

Samantha said...

What fabulous outfits you have here!!! There really is something timeless about the skirt and sweater combo, and you rock it well in these looks! The mushroom bag is such a whimsical accessory, and side note: I love that your silver eyeshadow matches your coat! I agree - mushrooms on pizza is the best!!! πŸ•

Jewel Divas Style said...

Awesome necklace!

Where do you keep all of these millions of bags you seem to have? On shelves, hanging from hooks, I'd love to see how you store them.