Sunday, January 1, 2023

New Year, New Nothing

Top, skirt, and bag: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's


What I see when I walk into Kohl's.  Does the checked dress look familiar?

Comb: Ella and Elly, Zulily; Ring: Mixit, JCPenney; Everything else: Simply Vera, Kohl's



It's true!  This New Year's Eve, the husband and I had my parents over as we always do.  I wore my Kohl's clothes as usual.  And, as I do every time I make my lattice chicken casserole, I fretted that it was underdone (it was).  Instead of watching a movie or playing a board game, we watched Ryan Seacrest's New Year's Rockin' Eve and toasted each other with sparkling cider at midnight.  But I wouldn't have it any other way.  Let other people try to switch things up and stress out over making resolutions.  I'll be here in the Trove with my traditions, wearing an over-the-top outfit and hoping that I don't give anyone salmonella.         

That said, the husband did do one slightly new thing, which was to spell out 2023 in Pillsbury crescent roll dough on top of the casserole before I baked it: 

He took this pic because he was concerned that I'd obliterate his handiwork with shredded cheddar and French fried onions, which I (although not on purpose) most certainly did.

See?  Some things never change.

I hope your New Year's was and is just how you like it, whether that means hang gliding through the stratosphere of your inhibitions or becoming one with the fabric of your favorite armchair.

I'm picturing the one from Frasier and hope you are too. 

7 comments:

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Oh, such a fun time! I so love your skirt in your New Year's Outfit! Awesome New year's post! Oh, those boots are adorable too! And you really know how to wear that plaid dress too! All the best to a delightful January!

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh, what a beautiful casserole! Glad he got in that photo! Such amazing outfits! And looks like a great time, too! All the best to a fantastic new year!

ellie said...

Oh, what a wonderful time! Adoring all your lovely items! Looks like it was a great time for all of you. I hope the casserole turned out OK too. So fun to see your post! Thanks for being here! Wishing you a beautiful new year!💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I love seeing pics of you, your husband and your family. Looks like you had a fun New Year's Eve with your parents. Happy New Year !

bread&salt said...

Happy new year to you and your family dear friend! Boots look perfect. I like it. Greetings.

Samantha said...

Your New Year's Eve outfit is super cute - and those boots!!! 💖 The photo snap of the Kohl's display is awesome (the pink and purple graphics you added are cute!) The rose details of your accessories are really pretty, and the family and husband pictures show how much fun you all are having. I, too, enjoyed the Ryan Seacrest's New Year's Rockin Eve Show! Your casserole looks delicious, and your husband's 2023 add-on is a great touch! ❤️

Mica said...

Your outfit looks so cute and perfect for a new year's celebration! The food looks tasty too!

Hope you have a great start to the new year :)

www.awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com.au