Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Velour in Store

Boots: Penny Loves Kenny, Amazon

Barrette: SHEIN; Country Charm Corsage Necklace: The Tote Trove

Sweat suit: Love Fire, Macy's

Bag: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Tops and joggers: LC Lauren Conard, Kohl's

Bag: Candie's, Kohl's

Boots: Penny Loves Kenny, Amazon

Headband: Colors, JCPenney; Necklace: Mixit, JCPenney

Last week, I vamped in velvet.  This week, I'm cocooned in its casual cousin.  Call it velvet unplugged if you will, or better yet, call it velour.  Yes, this luxurious loungewear is made for the style-conscious sloth, what with its pretty prints and ruffle-trimmed shoulders.  It's clothing that boldly says you sleep the weekend away, but damn it, you do it with flair.    

Speaking of sloths, this garb also conjures George Costanza, who once declared that he wanted to drape himself in velvet.  And then made it happen.

His velvet didn't have ruffles, though.  Those were reserved for Jerry and his puffy shirt. 

5 comments:

Samantha said...

Velour is seriously such a comfy fabric, and your velour haul is divine!!! I love the peachy color of the first one, and that velour sweat suit! It looks both cute and comfortable (as is your pose!) The yellow floral one really pops, too. The boots are such a cute touch. The SHEIN bow is adorable and the Country Charm Corsage necklace is stunning with the little cameos that are oh-so springlike! Love the Seinfeld reference at the end. :)

ellie said...

LOL..oh how I love cozy Lounge Wear! What a beautiful necklace too! So many goodies and so much fun in this post!

Oh, we've had all sorts of weather as of late. The snow came but the sun shines and all melted yet to leave us in the cold once again. And snow in the forecast. Ugh...

Thanks so much for your comments. Oh..let's hope Matty gets a clue, but even so will Val listen? And Effy and Duffy to Casey's rescue. Honestly, I had forgot about them too, but Casey never really got to know them until he met Lynsey..so in a sense they are Lynsey's friends.

I hope you are having a good week. And finding lots of good reads!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

You had me laughing out loud at those last two sentences! What beautiful velour! Oh, so sweet! Such delightful extras too! Beautiful necklace and such great bags too!

Thanks so much for your comments. I actually saw library Alex last night. And He/She was wearing black lipstick and those boots had to be from Dolls Kills. And maybe someone made the crochet scarf wrap..well..I'm not quite sure what it was. But they were all set with lots of YA reads and DVDs. And they were happy. It was good. Oh, I think Liv likes being at the grocery store with Rico. It's always interesting the stories I hear from people I've met how much they loved their first job at the grocery store. Of course, I sometimes watch people who work at the grocery store as if they might be on a TV show (or just my imagination...) But I am trying to reach most everyone in my cast of character...

Ivy's Closet said...

You really know your fabrics ❤️💕❤️💕 Love that chair of yours too! Such a relaxing post and lots of fun too! Adoring these outfits. And of course, that necklace is amazing too.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! for the comments... Will you do anything special for St. Patrick's day? I was talking to those I work with last night about how I hated Cornbeef and Cabbage....they all looked at me. I LOVE CORNBEEF ..I was scolded. Someone even eats it for breakfast the day after St. Patrick's day.

I might get a scone or maybe some soda bread..hashbrowns and a green shake from MacDonald's is all I need.

Jewel Divas Style said...

We're getting it here again, but sadly, it doesn't seem to suit my sized figure.