Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Shopping with Etsy

This week I purchased two awesome items from Etsy sellers. So, where, you may ask, are the pictures? Well, I can't show you yet because they're gifts for my sister, who is one of my faithful readers, and I don't want to spoil the surprise. Anyway, it recently occurred to me that Etsy is the best place to find one-of-a-kind gifts for Christmas. I was in Hallmark with my mom this weekend, looking at all of the canned knickknacks and jewelry, and thought, I don't want any of this stuff. It's not that the items in Hallmark aren't attractive. It's just that they're all the same. You already know what's in the store before you even step foot inside. That's why I'm stepping outside the box this holiday season and into the intriguing shops on Etsy.

When I receive my items, I'll be sure to snap pictures and post them, along with a blurb about the artists, after they're successfully gifted. Something tells me I'll be racking up quite a few more treasures in the coming months . . .

No comments: