Monday, August 2, 2010

I Scream You Scream We All Scream for Ice Cream

Trash can in Shriver's Gelato on the Ocean City boardwalk

I've long had issues with cars that have Good Humor stickers plastered all over their bumpers. I'm not talking about ice cream trucks; those I find endearing, especially the ones with sculptures of twin pops and ice cream cones jutting from their roofs. What baffles me are those otherwise normal-looking four-door family sedans that appear to be peddling frozen treats willy-nilly all over the Interstate. I saw one of these cars in a Rite Aid parking lot today (this was what sparked my dormant frustration). Just who, I wondered, is the target demographic of such an enterprise? Are these cars feared and loathed by their more illustrious ice cream truck cousins? What's their game? If anyone out there operates such a business or knows someone who does, then I'd be ever grateful for some answers. I'll even throw in a Tote Trove freebie for your trouble.

No comments: