Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Something New and Sparkly: Dragonfly Princess Necklace

Dragonfly Princess Necklace

When I set out to make this Dragonfly Princess Necklace, I wanted to cram in as many glittery beads and charms as possible. The result was this iridescent and fanciful confection. (It's much shinier in person, so much so that shards of light were bouncing around my car as I drove to and from work). As with the last two necklaces I posted, I'm withholding this one from my Etsy shop. Let's just say that if I thought the Red Sea Necklace would be too expensive to sell retail (as discussed in my previous post), then that goes double for this one. But I'm okay with that. Truth be told, I sometimes find it really tough to part with a piece. Where do my fellow jewelry makers stand on this? Do you find yourself creating pieces for sale only to secretly wish that no one buys them? Or, are you more of a born retailer, happiest when selling a bracelet off your own arm? The Tote Trove wants to know!

No comments: