Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Something New and Sparkly: Carnival Magic Necklace

Carnival Magic Necklace

Today I modeled this Carnival Magic Necklace. The asymmetrically-placed accent is made of ribbon, puff balls, and rhinestones mounted onto felt with fabric glue. It's flanked by two groups of neon Faux Show-branded beads (the bf said they looked like typewriter keys) and creamy faux pearls. I had such fun making it, even if the construction was a little bit of a challenge.

I plan to list the Carnival Magic Necklace in my Etsy shop under a new section: Made to Order Jewelry. The necklace pictured here is the prototype. I'll post it in the listing too, offering shoppers very similar versions created especially for them. It's a win-win situation, because I get to make and wear jewelry that I love and also put it out there for people who may want to commission their own custom designs. I'm getting into the whole embellished necklace thing and may even list a whole line.

No comments: