Monday, September 28, 2009

Make and Tell Challenge: Days 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, and 28









It may seem like I fell off the face of the earth . . . but I was just having a girls' weekend with the bf's sister and stepsister in New York. A good time was had by all, but more on that later. What you really want to know is, what the hay is going on with my corner of the Challenge? Admittedly, not much. But I did manage to eke out a few sketches on the car ride up on Friday. If you can't see them too well, they're an outer space scene, a ball gown, and a castle, all go-to themes from my sketch-happy youth. Sadly, I was not able to make anything Thursday (playing hostess!) or Saturday. Yet after some much-needed rest on Sunday, I sketched five wine bags for next Sunday's Renault Winery show. Again, if you can't make them out, we have a bunch of grapes, lemons and flowers, strawberries and flowers, a large classic Tote Trove rose, and a wine bottle surrounded by grapes, cheese, crackers, and a loaf of bread. Typical Tote Trove fare it isn't, but I think these more homey motifs will strike more of a note with the wine tasting crowd. We'll see. In the meantime, I'll (hopefully) sketch the rest of the bags tonight, then plan to paint the first coat tomorrow.

P.S. I'm kind of bummed that I've failed the Challenge. But I'm trying to remind myself that sometimes life happens.

2 comments:

Cassandra Watsham said...

oh, New York, I hope you had lots of fun!

You didn't fail, sweetheart, no way. We've all been busy bees, certainly, and I love your stuff! The most important thing is what Laura said first - that the 'schedule' isn't set in stone, and sometimes things happen the way they do. I love your stuff, and love to see how you create it!

Victoria and I are thinking of a '365 Marathon', like Laura was first thinking. What do you think of that??

The Tote Trove said...

Aw, thanks for the pep talk. And yes, I would love to do a 365 day marathon. Bring it on!