Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Make and Tell Challenge: Day 22




Tonight I gave the pear tote a second coat and outlined everything. Then I moved on to this double-stranded black rose necklace, which I created with plastic beads and baby Faux Show gems. Finally, I began painting a pair of old jeans. Honestly, this is not how I thought they'd look. They're kind of hard looking, whereas I wanted them to be more dreamy. But they're not done yet. It would be nice if I could finish them before my trip to New York this weekend, but I don't know if that'll be possible. I'm going with the bf's sister and stepsister, and I'm really looking forward to it. Yet I don't know how I'll keep up with the Challenge, which is kind of a bummer since it would have been great to go out with a bang. I guess I'll bring my sketchbook to New York, but that seems like kind of a cop-out. Then again, it's not as if I could just whip out my paints in the hotel room, or unleash my beads on a park bench. If only my projects weren't so messy and problematic. Sometimes I feel like this little Challenge is sandwiched in a much bigger Challenge, namely "trying to craft perfection in an imperfect world." That was cheesy. But you know what I mean. I hope. Now I must go clean the bathroom. Or watch another rerun of The Office on TBS (take that, board of health.)

(Um, I was kidding about the board of health thing. My home is a lovely, clean environment in which I create perfectly hygienic goods for public sale.)

No comments: