Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Make and Tell Challenge Day 9


As soon as the bf and I got home from my parents' house (we had dinner there), I whipped out my iron, sealed the Leopard Garden Tote, and attached the rhinestones. Whenever I get to this step, I always think I'm home free, but the truth is, it takes a lot longer than I think. Anyway, I finished the tote and posted it on Etsy. A little over a week into the Challenge, I admit that it's exhausting. I'll be at work and think, okay, after this I have to stop at the grocery store, make dinner, throw in a load of wash, paint a second coat on my tote, then blog about it . . . and it's a little daunting. But you know what? The Challenge gives me something to look forward to. Working on my art is important to me, so even when I'm bone tired, I feel like I did something worthwhile when I squeeze out that extra few ounces of creative labor.

1 comment:

Cassandra Watsham said...

I concur! I look forward to coming home and flexing my artistic muscle. The making/blogging may seem daunting, but I betcha after this month, we'll still be doing the same thing!

Congrats on excellent progress on Make n' Tell: Day #9! Oh, and your L'il Miss Rock Star Care Kit is all set and will be in the mail tomorrow morning! I've added a few extra surprises for you! *wink*