Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Make and Tell Challenge, Day 72: Totes Galore




Last night, I gave myself off from the Challenge. I didn't really want to. But I knew I couldn't pick up a paint brush. It happens. But I made up for it today. I had off from work (thank you, veterans), so I had plenty of time. I finished the Mandarin Magic tote and the Fruit Splash tote and even started this Flame Rose tote, which will have an olive green background peeking through with a little leopard. Thanks to all who entered the First Ever Tote Trove Giveaway, by the way (closes at midnight on Sunday so you can still enter!). Your feedback about my large totes has been helpful. I had a feeling the animal print and floral themes would win out, and I was right! I'd started playing with this theme back when I was doing only medium totes; in fact, I was trying to do a whole line of them. But then I moved on to the large totes and sort of forgot about it. So thanks. The fish were also pretty popular, which is also good to know.

While painting, I watched Reality Bites and Singles. I'd seen Reality Bites only once before, when I was about twelve. I didn't really get it then and thought it, well, bit. But today it made perfect sense. Which is kind of strange when you think about it, because now I'm in my late twenties and supposedly past all that idealistic post-college angst. Um, supposedly. As for Singles, I'd never seen it before. The highlight was Matt Dillon as a clueless, long-haired rocker with Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell as band mates. Hilarious.

No comments: