Thursday, November 26, 2009

Make and Tell Challenge, Day 87: Happy Thanksgiving!




I woke up around 8:00 this morning to make the pies. They smell spicier than last time, but I think that's a good thing. Then I crammed in a little painting while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. (Did anyone else catch John Stamos cavorting around in a scene from "Bye, Bye, Birdie?" As the bf put it, it was kind of disturbing.) I gave these roses a second coat and am glad to see they look more vibrant already.

The bf and I are bringing sparkling cider to his grandparents' house, so I dressed them up in two of my wine bags, one appropriately harvesty and the other not so much. But that's okay. The bf is presently trying to find a shallow dish of some sort so we can put the pies on ice while we're at our first stop.

Finally, here's the necklace I repurposed a couple of days ago. It's not bad; I like the way the bright ribbons look against this darker top (and yes, you've seen this top before. It's so hard to find an outfit that's appropriate for all the people you encounter on a holiday . . .)

And that's it. Soon I'll happily be eating turkey smothered by the cranberry sauce that, as the bf puts it, "is shaped like the can." (No lumpy kind for us.) Hope your dining experience is just as delightful.

No comments: